22,650 (As of January 1, 2018)
- North of Dallas, Prosper is located 32 miles from the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, 35 miles from Downtown Dallas, 14 miles from the Collin County Regional Airport, and 55 miles from Fort Worth.
- Land area is 27 square miles
- Located 25 minutes from 2 major airports
- The Town’s annual growth rate is 13%
- High Schools – 1
- Middle Schools – 2
- Elementary Schools – 7
Located 25 minutes from 2 Major Airports
DFW International Airport – World’s 3rd largest in operations and 7th largest in total passengers. It serves 171 destinations with direct flights to every U.S. airport. DFW is the home base for American Airlines.
Dallas Love Field – Provides over 100 daily flights to 17 destinations and is the home base for Southwest Airlines
Private Airports – Addison Airport and Collin County Regional Airport in McKinney Both are just 20 minutes from Prosper
- Median Age of Prosper Resident 34.5
- Percent of Population Under 35 82%
- Median Household Income $115,203
Parks and Recreation
Open Space and Park Land
Hike and Bike Trails
Indoor Practice Facility
Quality of Life
Prosper has an excellent reputation as a place to live and work and was ranked as DFW’s 5th ranked suburb to live by D Magazine. The town has excellent schools, low crime, and affordable housing providing a wonderful environment to live and raise a family.
- Access to DFW’s cultural, arts, and sports and entertainment venues.
- High-paying jobs with affordable cost of living.
- Ample work opportunities.
- Mild winters and lots of sunshine allow you to spend ample leisure time doing what you enjoy.
The Town of Prosper Parks & Recreation Division strives to provide active and passive recreational opportunities for all citizens of Prosper in an accessible and safe environment, while promoting the preservation of the Town’s natural resources.