281,390 (as of January 1, 2018)
A global business center Plano, Texas is located 19 miles north of downtown Dallas and 30 minutes from DFW International Airport, and is the fourth-largest city in the Dallas-Fort Worth region.
Bachelor’s Degree +
Median Household Income
Median Home Price
- 72 schools
- 53,952 Enrollment
- DFW International Airport: Located 30 minutes from Plano is ranked third in the world for flight operations, provides non-stop service to 135 domestic and 38 international destinations.
- Dallas Love Field: Located seven miles from downtown Dallas, and only 30
minutes from Plano, it serves 15.6 million passengers a year.
- Addison Airport and McKinney National Airport are 15 minutes from Plano. Addison Airport is the third largest general aviation airport in the nation.
- Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) provides light rail service at two rail stations. Bus and shuttle service are available throughout the city.
- Highways: Plano contains within its boundaries SH 190 (President George Bush Turnpike), Dallas North Tollway, US 75 (Central Expressway) and SH 121 (Sam Rayburn Tollway). Interstates 20, 30, 35 and 635 are within 30 minutes.
Quality of Life
Plano, Texas has earned a national reputation as one of the best places in the United States for families to live and work. Located just 19 miles north of Downtown Dallas, Plano offers access to all the amenities of the DFW metropolitan area. Dallas is known for its culinary scene, leading arts district, professional sports, hip entertainment districts and great shopping. All of these amenities are within a few minutes by car or light rail.
Plano at a glance