101,255 (as of March 31, 2018)
- Allen is located in the northeast corner of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
- 30 minutes from Downtown Dallas, Dallas Love Field, and DFW International Airport
- Bisected by US-75 that connects to downtown Dallas
Median household income
High school diploma
Bachelors degree +
18 elementary schools
3 middle schools
1 freshman center
1 high school
Allen ISD Enrollment
- DFW International Airport (world’s third busiest) provides direct flights to 148 domestic and 56 international destinations
• Dallas Love Field (Southwest Airlines hub)
• McKinney National Airport, which can provide regular service for a Boeing 767
• Addison Airport
- DART’s Parker Road Station offers easy access to the regional rail system with the Red Line and Orange Line, with planned service extensions to Allen
• The closest DART bus stop is a 20-30 minute bike ride away
• Residents aged 65 and over or those with a disability may qualify for DART’s Collin County Rides program, which offers subsidized taxi service
Quality of Life
Allen offers a friendly community with exceptional schools, excellent city services and a nationally-recognized parks and recreation program. With four premier shopping destinations, an award-winning golf course, nearly 200 restaurants and our own 7,000-seat arena, our city boasts something for everyone.
Allen enjoys a thriving local park system that provides residents with the ability to enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle. The City’s park system is classified into four park types depending on size and use.
Allen residents are never short on things to do! From a 7,000+ seat arena to a growing public art collection to our own philharmonic orchestra, Allen offers big-city amenities with a small-town feel.